VRS’ top priority is the safety and well-being of the communities we serve and our team members. VRS staff are working in the office and remotely to assist you by phone and online, with some in-person services now available. We continue to process retirements, pay retiree benefits, issue refunds and respond as quickly as possible to your day-to-day needs.
- Virtual appointments (video or audio-only) are available for all active and retired members. Book appointments.
- Limited in-person services are available at VRS offices by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. No walk-in appointments at this time.
- Check in-person appointment availability at VRS’ Central location, 1111 East Main Street, Richmond, Virginia, or call 1-888-827-3847 to schedule
- Members and retirees may access your myVRS accounts online for benefit estimates and other resources.
- Member education webinars are available online.
Beneficiary updates: To name or change your beneficiaries, register or log in to myVRS and select manage beneficiaries under the Manage My Benefits tab. Hybrid members must also designate beneficiaries for the defined contribution component of your retirement plan.
Register for or log into your myVRS account for detailed information on your VRS benefits as a member or retiree.
Update your beneficiaries online and also take advantage of the myVRS Retirement Planner and Benefit Estimator for members.
myVRS Financial Wellness offers a library of articles, videos and tools to help members and retirees with money matters.
Retirees can print income verification, view your tax information, change tax withholdings, update direct deposit and health insurance credit information and name beneficiaries.