VRS' top priority is the safety and well-being of the communities we serve and our team members. Most VRS staff are working remotely to assist you by phone, online or webinar. We continue to process retirements, pay retiree benefits, issue refunds and respond as quickly as possible to your day-to-day needs.
- No in-person services are available at VRS offices. VRS is also not currently traveling to regional or employer sites.
- Call 1-888-827-3847 to schedule a phone or virtual counseling appointment.
- Members and retirees may access your myVRS accounts online for benefit estimates and other resources.
- Member education webinars are available online.
- VRS is processing the retiree payroll on time each month. See the direct deposit schedule.
If your employer has placed you on leave without pay due to budgetary impacts caused by COVID-19, review the Coronavirus-Related Leave Without Pay and Your VRS Member Benefits informational summary.
Beneficiary updates: To name or change your beneficiaries, register or log in to myVRS and select manage beneficiaries under the Manage My Benefits tab. Hybrid members must also designate a beneficiary for the defined contribution component of your retirement plan.
Under certain circumstances, emergency withdrawals are allowed from the Commonwealth of Virginia 457 Deferred Compensation Plan (not all employers have elected this plan). See Emergency Withdrawals sidebar.
Active VRS members may not take refunds or withdrawals from defined benefit pension plans: VRS Plan 1, VRS Plan 2 or the Hybrid Retirement Plan defined benefit component. Withdrawals also are not allowed from certain defined contribution plans including the Hybrid Retirement Plan 401(a) Cash Match Plan or optional retirement plans.
Register for or log into your myVRS account for detailed information on your VRS benefits as a member or retiree.
Take advantage of the myVRS Retirement Planner and Benefit Estimator for members.
myVRS Financial Wellness for members now offers COVID-19-focused resources.
Retirees can print income verification, view your tax information and change tax withholdings.